Saturday, December 17, 2011

Cute as a Mouse Cupcakes

     Gosh, have things been negative around here? Maybe a bit blue or green? I think I feel the winds of change coming around, oh, no never mind, I just turned on the fan that’s all. Although to be slightly serious I do think it’s time for some positive vibes and to share a secret. Yeah I said a secret, did that get your attention? Maybe you will actually read the whole post this time since I am sharing a secret? It’s a baking secret, so don’t get too excited over there.

     Drum role please (yeah, like a role that you eat, it’s a play on words, come on, this blog is about food)… *banging wooden spoons on mixing bowls* I use the cheapest boxed cake mix I can find when I make a mixing. I do not make my cakes from scratch, how can you argue with $1 for a mix? To make up for my baking faux pas I always make my frosting from scratch, and in my opinion, that is the important part.

     I tend to mix when I am feeling minxy, when I am angry or frazzled, but once in a blue moon I mix for fun. One night I was feeling cute and creative, so I made my Cute as a Mouse Cupcakes. I wanted to find a way to incorporate other edible items in addition to the frosting for decoration. This chocolate cake (boxed mix), vanilla frosted cupcake is topped with ears made of oreos with pink frosting, eyes made of york peppermint patty m&m type candies, a nose which is a strawberry coated whopper, and whiskers made from chocolate twizzlers. Oh, by the way, slicing chocolate twizzlers at midnight and trying to make even strips is incredibly annoying.
 
     Not only were these mice super cute, but they tasted great, until the next day of course when I forgot that putting a dry cookie on top of moist frosting for more than a day would result in a soggy cookie, yum? All this talk about food is making me hungry, time to eat!

xox – The Mixing Minx

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE them! They are adorable and a nice happy addition to this minxy mix!

    ReplyDelete