Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Lucky Love Lasagna


Can love and luck be compared to a lasagna? Does that even make sense? Are you in my head, can you read my mind and where I am going with this? It is possible that the lack of sleep and spider in my bed anxiety has significantly impaired my ability to make logical comparisons between feelings and food...or maybe it has enhanced those abilities?

A lasagna is composed of layers, each one is significant and provides different flavors, just as a relationship is composed of various thoughts, feelings, and actions, all of which come together to formulate a successful relationship. I prepare the baking dish by pouring in a little pasta sauce, like a little flirtatious behavior before the dating, then I carefully pick the noodles that look the best and gently lay them in the dish as if each noodle represented a date that left me speechless. Next is a layer of ground beef that has been cooked with onions and peppers, similar to the foundation of a relationship with thoughtful words and gifts. 
Now don't freak out on me, I know some of you will, but I use cottage cheese instead of ricotta, does it make a difference? I really don't know, I think what really matters is that you have cheese, just as a relationship needs to have trust to spread around and form a stable foundation. Another layer of noodles is next, more dates and adventures are enjoyed. Then I spread sauce on top as if I am opening my whole heart and soul to the relationship that has been created by the layers below. Finally I sprinkle shredded cheese on top, just as I sprinkle my love over the various aspects of the relationship.

This lasagna symbolizes how lucky I am to have found the love I have.

xox – The Mixing Minx

1 comment:

  1. You are such a sap and I love you for it!! :D CONGRATULATIONS on your awesome relationship, woman. I'm so happy for you!! Also - can't WAIT to see you soon!

    xoxo
    Cheri

    ReplyDelete