Monday, March 12, 2012

No Backbone Yam-Cakes


Where has my backbone gone? I think I lost some of the vertebrae in my spine, my will power is gone, rules thrown out the window, all hope is lost, I am forever doomed.

What is your weakness? What are those things that you just can't resist no matter how unhealthy or bad they may be for you? And tell me, what do you do to resist those things? Pretend they are not there, remind yourself of how bad they are, or give in to the torment of your weakness? For some people it is chocolate, candy, or maybe some potatoe chips (yeah, that's how I spell “potato” just deal with it, my blog, my spelling rules). It's quite possible your weakness could be from a different category all together, a person, place, shopping habit or other activity. Well whatever your weakness is, shoot, I am right there with you, and man is it ever hard to resist that weakness.

Recently I conquered my bread weakness, yeah, I LOVE bread, I would eat a loaf every meal of the day if I could. Challah bread, potatoe bread, sunflower bread, corn bread, pita, banana, rye, pumpernickel, naan, oh yum.... I need to stop, this bread list is making me so hungry.

Here are my No Backbone Yam-Cakes, as in: “My backbone must be missing. Ah ha! Here is some of it in these cupcakes!" These are sweet potatoe cupcakes, with vanilla frosting and marzipan vertebrae. Why sweet potatoe you ask? Well if you don't already know, then you don't need to know, so leave it at that. The colors are kind of funky, but it goes with the dish, and that's good enough for me. 

xox- The Mixing Minx

3 comments:

  1. Yum! I hope I get to try one! I love marzipan! Great blog by the way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Minx, Wow I should have looked you up sooner....yes we are related. If I did not already know it then I would know for certain after reading your blog. I love it!! keep it up. Can you make a bad kid cupcake just for me?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear A-non-y-mus,
      Are we related? Ah....a cupcake request, yes, I accept your challenge for some "Bad Kid" cupcakes. I may need a little more back story to accurately artistically create the kind of cupcake you are looking for. Give me some more details about this bad kid theme and who to deliver the cupcakes to (if possible....and if this is you Mom or Elena, you can sign your name) then I will see what I can come up with.
      xox The Mixing Minx

      Delete